Wednesday, September 3, 2008

PBCSSD



Maybe it's the fancy schmancy Fashion Week invite that just arrived in the mail.  Perhaps it's a simple case of PBCSSD (Post Barney's Co-op Sale Stress Disorder).   Quite possibly, it's the obsessive week long hunt I've been on for the mythological, perfect-in-every-way dress that, like so many things, exists only in my mind.  

Whate'er it be, I woke this morning mentally scrolling through the list of clothes items I would outlaw if I had the power and there were legal fashion mandates.

So before I set out for another mind numbing day of pushy sales types born in the mid 1980's, iron maiden style dressing rooms, looking at my body from every blessed angle under every sort of sacred light, a small list of garments to be eliminated forever:

  • gaucho pants
  • empire waist t-shirts aka baby bump tees
  • stiletto ankles boots
  • prairie dresses
  • arm warmers
  • bubble skirts
  • kimono sleeves on things other than kimonos
  • high waisted shorts
  • bandeau bikini tops
  • anything ruched

This is in no way exhaustive. but list making is just so soothing.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't forget sweater vests.