Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Move Over Judy Blume

Ever wonder who actually writes Young Adult novels?  I mean, what does Christopher Pike really look like?  And Judy Blume, you don't know, could be that tranny sat next to you on the 1 train.  Carolyn Keene, forget it, she had to be a freak.
Well, get ready to be jealous.  I know one.  Yes, a tranny, but also a YA novelist.  His name is David Van Etten, and his book, All that Glitters, "drops" as the kids say, today.  And besides from being a totally delightful yum of a read, it's also by far the most homoerotic teen book jacket I've ever seen.
Go out and get two.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can wholeheartedly agree that this is the best book ever

Unknown said...

Christopher Pike is a friend of an acquaintance in Minneapolis... he exists and he and the person I know talk not as frequently anymore but still IM and email. He dedicated a book (not sure which one) to her.