Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ALL YOU NEED IS LARRY KING LIVE


Ringo Starr was on Larry King Live last night.  I admit it, I'm huge into LK.  And while I'm being honest, I like Donny Deutch too.  And since we're now judging, I've been known to watch Tavis Smiley as well.
It was the single most depressing hour of television viewing since Girls Next Door (which I had just finished gagging through).  You know Girls I hope- the "reality" show shadowing the octogenarian nympho, Hugh Hefner, and his three live-in girlfriends, who's ages put together make them collectively still younger than him.  The episode followed the ladies trials and travails of making a workout video at the manse.  Quality stuff.
Back to Lare.  Ringo was on celebrating his 68th birthday.  It's not like he was ever the most understandable of Beatles, but he has gone from out-there-groovy to first-stage-dementia-loony.  It was funny and sad, sort of in the same way my great Uncle Yianni is prone to exclaiming(loudly and publicly), "Mamma Mia!" or to tell people, albeit politely, they are boring.  Ringo kept repeating, "Peace and Love".  He claimed the Fab Four inspired Cirque du Soleil show was amazing.  He even said he was happy that Yoko Ono called in to sing Happy Berf-day De-ah Rin-go.  Crazy time.  Even Larry was rolling his eyes.
It's just plain sad to see a Beatle get old. 


No comments: