Sunday, July 6, 2008

THE PAN(GS)T SUIT

I'm having a really strong reaction to pantsuits.  It's when I see one, when someone mentions them, even when I think of the two-piecer, unprovoked.  
It began after the Patti Lupone dream.   Something about that nightmare- being beat down by a stage legend with rabies- left me feeling demoralized.  And when I feel hopeless, I go to the utterly more active emotion of anger.  And with no place to put my newly recycled rage, my brain made a non sequitur-ial jump to pantsuits.  I don't why this is, but it is.  
Perhaps I'm still mourning the loss of Yves Saint Laurent.  Maybe I'm reflecting on Hillary Clinton, or more precisely, having been battered all this past primary season with the same old dumb chauvinistic jibes at her fashion choices.   
Either way, it's time to get back into therapy. 

No comments: